Love is a verb.
It is an action that should be expressed.
The act of love involves real behavior and expressions. Expressing love is both physical and emotional.
Volumes have been written about the characteristics of God, but when it is distilled to the most basic categories, He is love (1 John 4:8), life (Jeremiah 10:10; Revelation 22:1), and holiness (Psalms 99:9). And in reality, His life and holiness are based upon and are an expression of His love: love gives, so He gives life; love desires the best, so holiness proceeds from Him.
Love is not an instinct or an inborn ability. We often conclude that love should be birthed in us automatically. But like an action, love is a skill that can be learned and developed. Love should not be for a particular season or date.
Love is not something God chooses to do or give. It is the very essence of who He is. He doesn’t just love – He is love (1 John 4:16). It motivates His every action, directs His activities, and reflects His desires (1 John 4:10). Love is the greatest and purest essence of who a person is and its proper expression brings fulfillment.
Simple acts of love helps relationships grow and keeps you knitted together.
However, God’s love is not like the love expressed by many in our culture today: a love of convenience and ego. That is, “I will love you as long as you add value to my life and please me. When that ceases, so does my love for you. ” For many, love is conditional. The conditions may be different depending upon the relationship, but there are still conditions to be met in order to “earn” our love
Here are seven simple ways you can express love:
1. Saying ”Thank You”: This statement is so underrated. But it is an act that shows love, respect and care.
2. Being there to encourage someone during bad times goes a long way. It makes them get comfortable with you.
3. Be loyal and caring.
4. Celebrate others’ accomplishments.
5. Do more than just saying congratulations. Surprise them! People love surprises, they will surely feel important when you do so.
6. Keep communication. Reach out to others when they least expect you to. A surprise call, message or a visit can help.
7. Ask them if they need help from you.
There are endless ways to show your friends you love them.
Show Love in the Right Manner, just as God himself shows it.
Written by Olafimihan Victor Jeuferanmi